If you’re a couple that steers clear of the limelight, or the thought of dancing in front of all your friends and family gives you major anxiety, try one of these first dance alternatives instead.
1. Have a champagne toast followed by an all-guest dance. Once you’re announced as a married couple, have guests raise a glass to your life together with a first drink. Then have the DJ bring up an upbeat song. and invite all your guests to join you on the dance floor to get the party started.
2. Do a bridal party group dance. Take the pressure off of you and your spouse by having a coordinated group dance, or just play a fun song and have your bridal party dance into the reception with one of their signature moves.
3. Play a special song. Having a band? Have them perform your favorite song and serenade you in lieu of a first dance. If you’re not having a band, you could ask a talented pal to sing.
4. Invite all the couples to the dance floor. Ask all married couples to share the first dance with you in honor of marriage and a lifetime of love. You could also invite the longest-married couple in the room to join you on the dance floor.
5. Do a first [sword fight, video game, jump rope, etc]. Pick something fun and silly that fits you and your sweetheart and then go big with it! Roll in an old school Nintendo console, bring out gold hula hoops made to look like wedding bands, or battle it out with light sabers. Your guests will love seeing you have a great time while doing something completely unique.
On the fence about having a first dance? !