Wedding planning can be a stressful time, especially if you let it get to you. Read on for five ways to stay sane during your wedding planning process.
1. Have date nights with your partner where you agree not to talk about the wedding at all. You have to have some time together when you can talk about all the other important things in your life!
2. Schedule some time with friends. Whether it is a pedicure, a night out, or a weekend away, getting in some quality bestie time is often just what the doctor ordered to beat the wedding planning stress.
3. Enlist help. You can’t plan your entire wedding all by yourself! Whether that help comes from hiring a great wedding planner, or from you and your fiance’s parents or friends, ask for help and delegate tasks when you can.
4. Indulge in some stress-beating activities. Whether it’s a couples massage, regular yoga workouts, a weekend hike, having a cocktail or two, or binge watching your favorite cheesy television show, find whatever works for you and do it! Repeat as often as possible to feel relaxed.
5. Get enough rest. We know it’s easier said than done, but the best thing you can do to be stress-free (and look good too!) is to get enough sleep. If you finding yourself staying up late to work on DIY projects, or if your future spouse thinks your laptop is permanently attached to your lap, set a limit of how much you’ll do in the evening and stick to it. Better yet, unplug and spend some time relaxing before bed so you’ll sleep even better.